Full Stack Software Engineer
The average finance team for a company is between 3 to 10 people. Let that sink in, it takes 10 people today to keep the finances of a medium sized business on track. There’s a sea of countless excel spreadsheets, government filings, and reports spread between multiple people and to ensure every supplier gets paid on time, every client gets their order and people know how the business is doing. Pretty tiring stuff just to think about really.
We are building a whole new infrastructure for how businesses interact with each other, from how they sell and how they buy all the way to how they file to the government. If you’ve ever thought to yourself “this stuff should be automated” when you heard stories about how businesses run, Aurelia is the place where you can help turn it into reality and help improve how businesses operate.
With help from our investors at Blossom Capital and angel investors from well known companies like GoCardless and Checkout, we’re ready to take on this challenge and are well funded to do so.
What you would be doing as a full stack engineer
- Building connections and integrations for multiple countries and their financial tools (tax filing APIs, accounting products, local banks and invoicing products)
- Working on how all this data is represented and combined in Aurelia
- Adding features to our Mission Control and Business Vitals tools for businesses
- Create plugins for Aurelia’s Plugin System
- Speaking to business owners to understand how they interact with the product and its features
- Create and maintain internal tooling to help us build without fear
Things that will help you make the most of it
- Having worked in distributed systems with a lot of data or a lot of variability between data sources is a huge advantage
- Keep a product mindset throughout the process of building, delivering and maintaining software
- Excited after speaking to customers and hearing their feedback about the product and thinking about what we can do to make their lives better.
- A lot of passion for building high-quality products (as cheesy as it sounds) in an industry that has been dominated by spreadsheets and copies of spreadsheets sent via emails
- Rolling your sleeves up and being involved in the entire process of building a product. We are constantly learning new things and have to incorporate them into how we deliver our product so we rely a lot on people caring for the entire process
Engineers in the team right now are:
- Using Typescript for our backend (in Nodejs) and the UI (in Next.js)
- Running our infrastructure in GCP / GKE, provisioned with Terraform and configured so you can get your own staging environment in minutes
- Using continuous integration and continuous delivery practices using tools like CircleCI and Helm
- Staying on top of known security practices in the financial industry, consistently making time to update critical dependencies and check for security patches
Some examples of projects we have coming up
- Ability to submit filings and reports in over 20 European countries
- Integrations with WooCommerce, PrestaShop and Magento and exposing parts of them to the Aurelia Plugin System
- Over 15 accounting software integrations to connect and standardize
- A comprehensive search tool based on the knowledge graph and metadata we assemble from all the integrations a company has with us
- A data processing pipeline for invoices along with Aurelia’s own invoicing tools
Perks and how it is to work at Aurelia
We’ve got a big vision in front of us and we think we can achieve it with happy, healthy and motivated people.
- All our full stack engineers make £80,000 per year gross salary irrespective of where they live in Europe and get a stock options grant when joining. Compensation transparency and fairness is important to us and all numbers are available internally, it’s a core part of how we do business.
- We’re used to working remotely so you don’t have to get to the office if you don’t want to but we do meet every few months to get together and plan our next actions.
- You get £7000 to spend on making your setup work for you. This includes furniture and anything else you may need.
- It goes without saying but we offer relocation support should you need it and fully paid maternity and paternity leave
How to apply?
We know people treat job posts differently, some only apply if they meet every criteria and some if, for example, they've got a strong interest in one of the technologies. We'd recommend you apply regardless of how much of an expert you are with any of these technologies as interest to learn in a small company like we are can matter a lot.
Here's what to do, send these to us on [email protected]:
- Any of your previous work if it's open source (github, gitlab, etc)
- A cover letter
- Your resume