Full Stack Developer UK
The average size of a finance team for a medium sized company is between 3 to 10 people.That means it takes 10 people today to keep its finances on track. There’s a sea of countless spreadsheets, government filings, and reports spread across multiple people to ensure every supplier gets paid on time, every client gets their order and people know how the business is doing. What ends up happening is people focusing their efforts on low-impact manual work. Let that sink in.
We are building a whole new infrastructure for how businesses interact with each other, from how they sell and buy all the way to how they file to the government. If you’ve ever thought to yourself “this stuff should be automated” when you heard stories about how businesses run, Aurelia is the place where you can help turn it into reality. We want to improve how businesses operate and therefore help people focus on more impactful work.
With help from our investors at Blossom Capital and angel investors from well known companies like GoCardless and Checkout, we’re ready to take on this challenge and are well funded to do so.
As we are a small team today, determined to challenge the status quo and hungry to offer a better alternative to the way businesses are run today, we are really not interested in your previous titles or years of experience. We are more curious to learn about what you’ve built before and what you’d like to do next.
We hope the following will give you a better understanding of the role but you really don’t need to tick every box. If the challenge resonates with you, get in touch!
Engineers in the team right now are:
- Using Typescript for our backend (in Nodejs) and the UI (in Next.js)
- Running our infrastructure in GCP / GKE, provisioned with Terraform and configured so you can get your own staging environment in minutes
- Using continuous integration and continuous delivery practices using tools like CircleCI and Helm
- Staying on top of known security practices in the financial industry, constantly making time to update critical dependencies and check for security patches
Some examples of projects we have coming up
- Ability to submit filings and reports in over 20 European countries
- Integrations with Shopify, WooCommerce, PrestaShop and Magento and exposing parts of them to the Aurelia Plugin System
- Over 15 accounting software integrations to connect and standardize
- A comprehensive search tool based on the knowledge graph and metadata we assemble from all the integrations a company has with us
- A data processing pipeline for invoices along with Aurelia’s own invoicing tools
- Creating and maintaining internal tooling to help us build without fear.
Things that will help you make the most of it
- Having worked in distributed systems with a lot of data or a lot of variability between data sources is a huge advantage
- Keep a product mindset throughout the process of building, delivering and maintaining software
- Excited after speaking to customers and hearing their feedback about the product and thinking about what we can do to make their lives better.
- A lot of passion for building high-quality products (as cheesy as it sounds) in an industry that has been dominated by spreadsheets and copies of spreadsheets sent via emails
- Rolling your sleeves up and being involved in the entire process of building a product. We are constantly learning new things and have to incorporate them into how we deliver our product so we rely a lot on people caring for the entire process
Perks and how it is to work at Aurelia
We are very focused on building a great product, but we are equally focused on building a great environment for people working at Aurelia. We’ve got a big vision in front of us and we think we can only achieve it with happy, healthy and motivated people.
- Compensating people fairly for the work they do is important to us. Your salary will be dependent on your previous experience however we aim to offer a competitive baseline of £90,000 regardless of where you work in the UK. Every employee also gets a stock options grant when joining. Let’s discuss more during interviews!
- We work remotely but we do meet every few months to get together and plan our next actions.
- You get £7,000 to spend on making your setup work for you. This includes laptop, furniture and anything else you may need.
- We offer relocation support to the United Kingdom and Estonia, should you need it.
- Fully paid maternity and paternity leave.
How to apply?
If the above sparked your interest, please email us on [email protected] and send your resume along with any previous work if it’s open source (github, gitlab, etc). Please also briefly mention who you are, what got you excited about Aurelia and what you’d bring to the team.
We are determined to build a diverse and inclusive environment at Aurelia. We do not discriminate based on gender, sexuality, race, colour, disability, or any other legally protected status. We would love to hear from you even if you think you don’t tick all the boxes on the description above. Excitement to build the product and a keen interest to learn in a small company can matter a lot.