Terms of Service
- Last updated: June 25, 2021
- From everyone at Aurelia, thank you for using our products! We build them to
help you do your best work. Because we don't know every one of our customers
personally, we have to put in place some Terms of Service to help keep the
- When we say “Company”, “we”, “our”, or “us” in this document, we are referring
to Aurelia Finance OÜ.
- When we say “Services”, we mean any product created and maintained by Aurelia
Finance OÜ. That includes Aurelia (all versions), the web browser and the API,
whether delivered within a web browser, or another format.
- When we say “You” or “your”, we are referring to the people or organizations
that own an account with one or more of our Services.
- We may update these Terms of Service in the future. Typically these changes
have been to clarify some of these terms by linking to an expanded related
policy. Whenever we make a significant change to our policies, we will also
announce them on our company blog.
- When you use our Services, now or in the future, you are agreeing to the
latest Terms of Service. That's true for any of our existing and future
products and all features that we add to our Services over time. There may be
times where we do not exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms
of Service; in doing so, we are not waiving that right or provision. These
terms do contain a limitation of our liability.
- If you violate any of the terms, we may terminate your account. That's a broad
statement and it means you need to place a lot of trust in us. We do our best
to deserve that trust by being open about who we are , how we work, and
keeping an open door to your feedback through our email.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password.
The Company cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your
failure to comply with this security obligation. We recommend users set
up TOTP based two-factor authentication for
added security. In some of our Services, we may require it.
- You may not use the Services for any purpose consisting but not limited to:
- Child exploitation, sexualization, or abuse: We don’t tolerate any
activities that create, disseminate, or otherwise cause child abuse. Keep
away and stop. Just stop.
- Doxing: If you are using Aurelia products to share other peoples’ private
personal information for the purposes of harassment, we don’t want anything
to do with you.
- Infringing on intellectual property: You can’t use Aurelia products to make
or disseminate work that uses the intellectual property of others beyond the
bounds of fair use.
- Malware or spyware: Code for good, not evil. If you are using our products
to make or distribute anything that qualifies as malware or spyware —
including remote user surveillance — begone.
- Phishing or otherwise attempting fraud: It is not okay to lie about who you
are or who you affiliate with to steal from, extort, or otherwise harm
- Cybersquatting: We don’t like username extortionists. If you purchase a
Aurelia product account in someone else’s name and then try to sell that
account to them, you
Cybersquatting accounts are subject to immediate cancelation.
- Violence, or threats thereof: If an activity qualifies as violent crime in
the United Kingdom or European Union or where you live, you may not use
Aurelia products to plan, perpetrate, or threaten that activity.
- You are responsible for all data inserted and activity that occurs under your
account. That includes data by others who either: (a) have access to your
login credentials; or (b) have their own logins under your account.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods
are not permitted.
Payment, Refunds, and Plan Changes
- If you are using a free version of one of our Services, it is really free: we
do not ask you for your credit card and — just like for customers who pay for
our Services — we do not sell your data.
- For paid Services that offer a free trial, we explain the length of trial when
you sign up. After the trial period, you need to pay in advance to keep using
the Service. If you do not pay, we will freeze your account and it will be
inaccessible or limited until you make payment.
- If you are upgrading from a free plan to a paid plan, we will charge your card
immediately and your billing cycle starts on the day of upgrade. For other
upgrades or downgrades in plan level, the new rate starts from the next
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing
authorities. Where required, we will collect those taxes on behalf of the
taxing authority and remit those taxes to taxing authorities. We collect VAT
on any direct-to-consumer sales to EU-based customers. If you are a Aurelia
customer with a VAT identification number, let us know and we will apply a
reverse charge for VAT to your invoice. Otherwise, you are responsible for
payment of all taxes, levies, or duties.
- Regarding refunds. Bad refund policies are infuriating. You feel like the
company is just trying to rip you off. We never want our customers to feel
that way, so our refund policy is simple: If you’re ever unhappy with our
products for any reason, just contact
our support team and we'll take care of you.
Cancellation and Termination
- You are solely responsible for properly cancelling your account. Within each
of our Services, we provide a simple no-questions-asked cancellation link. You
can cancel your account while being logged in under settings tab. An email or
phone request to cancel your account is not automatically considered
cancellation. If you need help cancelling your account, you can always
our support team .
- All of your content will be inaccessible from the Services immediately upon
cancellation. Within 30 days, all content will be permanently deleted from
active systems and logs. Within 60 days, all content will be permanently
deleted from our backups. We cannot recover this information once it has been
- We have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all
current or future use of our Services for any reason at any time. Suspension
means you and any other users on your account will not be able to access the
account or any content in the account. Termination will furthermore result in
the deletion of your account or your access to your account, and the
forfeiture and relinquishment of all content in your account. We also reserve
the right to refuse the use of the Services to anyone for any reason at any
time. We have this clause because statistically speaking, out of the hundreds
of thousands of accounts on our Services, there is at least one doing
something nefarious. There are some things we staunchly stand against and this
clause is how we exercise that stance. For more details, see our Restrictions
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or
retribution) of Company employee or officer will result in immediate account
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- We make a promise to our customers to support our Services until the end of
the Internet. That means when it comes to security, privacy, and customer
support, we will continue to maintain any legacy Services. Sometimes it
becomes technically impossible to continue a feature or we redesign a part of
our Services because we think it could be better or we decide to close new
signups of a product. We reserve the right at any time to modify or
discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any part of our Services with or
- Sometimes we change the pricing structure for our products. When we do that,
we tend to exempt existing customers from those changes. However, we may
choose to change the prices for existing customers. If we do so, we will give
at least 30 days notice and will notify you via the email address on record.
We may also post a notice about changes on our websites or the affected
Uptime, Security, and Privacy
- Your use of the Services is at your sole risk. We provide these Services on an
“as is” and “as available” basis. We do not offer service-level agreements for
most of our Services — but do take uptime of our applications seriously. We
reserve the right to temporarily disable your account if your usage
significantly exceeds the average usage of other customers of the Services. Of
course, we'll reach out to the account owner before taking any action except
in rare cases where the level of use may negatively impact the performance of
the Service for other customers. We take many measures to protect and secure
your data through backups, redundancies, and encryption. When you use our
Services, you entrust us with your data. We take that trust to heart. You
and for no other purpose. We as humans can access your data for the following
reasons: To help you with support requests you make. We'll ask for express
consent before accessing your account. On the rare occasions when an error
occurs that stops an automated process partway through. We get automated
alerts when such errors occur. When we can fix the issue and restart automated
processing without looking at any personal data, we do. In rare cases, we have
to look at a minimum amount of personal data to fix the issue. In these rare
cases, we aim to fix the root cause as much as possible to avoid the errors
from reoccurring. To safeguard Aurelia. We'll look at logs and metadata as
part of our work to ensure the security of your data and the Services as a
whole. If necessary, we may also access accounts as part of an abuse report
investigation. To the extent required by applicable law. As a EE company with
all data infrastructure located in the EU & UK, we only preserve or share
customer data if compelled by a UK or EU government authority with a legally
binding order or proper request. If a non-EU/UK authority approaches Aurelia
for assistance, our default stance is to refuse unless the order has been
approved by the government, which compels us to comply through procedures
outlined in an established mutual legal assistance treaty or agreement
mechanism. If Aurelia is audited by a tax authority, we only share the bare
minimum billing information needed to complete the audit.
- We use third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary
hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to
run the Services.
- We use third party subprocessors, such as cloud computing providers and
customer support software, to run Aurelia (the service). We establish
GDPR-compliant data processing agreements with each subprocessor everywhere
personal data is processed.
- The following is a list of personal data subprocessors we use. These
subprocessors are all located in Europe:
- We do not retain, use, disclose, or sell any of that information for any other
commercial purposes unless we have your explicit permission. And on the
flip-side, you agree to comply with your requirements under the GDPR and not
use Aurelia's Services in a way that violates the regulations.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the
Services. All materials uploaded remain yours.
- We do not pre-screen content, but reserve the right (but not the obligation)
in our sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is available via
- The names, look, and feel of the Services are copyright© to the Company. All
rights reserved. You may not duplicate, copy, or reuse any portion of the
permission from the Company. You must request permission to use the Company's
logo or any Service logos for promotional purposes. Please
email us requests to use logos. We reserve the
right to rescind this permission if you violate these Terms of Service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any
portion of the Services, use of the Services, or access to the Services
without the express written permission by the Company.
- You must not modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is
associated with the Services or the Company.
Features and Bugs
- We design our Services with care, based on our own experience and the
experiences of customers who share their time and feedback. However, there is
no such thing as a service that pleases everybody. We make no guarantees that
our Services will meet your specific requirements or expectations.
- We also test all of our features extensively before shipping them. As with any
software, our Services inevitably have some bugs. We track the bugs reported
to us and work through priority ones, especially any related to security or
privacy. Not all reported bugs will get fixed and we don't guarantee
completely error-free Services.
Services Adaptations and API Terms
- We offer Application Program Interfaces ("API"s) for some of our Services
(currently Aurelia API). Any use of the API, including through a third-party
product that accesses the Services, is bound by the terms of this agreement
plus the following specific terms:
- You expressly understand and agree that we are not liable for any damages or
losses resulting from your use of the API or third-party products that
access data via the API.
- Third parties may not access and employ the API if the functionality is part
of an application that remotely records, monitors, or reports a Service
user's activity other than time tracking, both inside and outside the
applications. The Company, in its sole discretion, will determine if an
integration service violates this bylaw. A third party that has built and
deployed an integration for the purpose of remote user surveillance will be
required to remove that integration.
- Abuse or excessively frequent requests to the Services via the API may
result in the temporary or permanent suspension of your account's access to
the API. The Company, in its sole discretion, will determine abuse or
excessive usage of the API. If we need to suspend your account's access, we
will attempt to warn the account owner first. If your API usage could or has
caused downtime, we may cut off access without prior notice.
- We mention liability throughout these Terms but to put it all in one section:
- You expressly understand and agree that the Company shall not be liable, in
law or in equity, to you or to any third party for any direct, indirect,
incidental, lost profits, special, consequential, punitive or exemplary
damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill,
use, data or other intangible losses (even if the Company has been advised of
the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability
to use the Services; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and
services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or
obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the
Services; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or
data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any
other matter relating to this Terms of Service or the Services, whether as a
breach of contract, tort (including negligence whether active or passive), or
any other theory of liability.
- In other words: choosing to use our Services does mean you are making a bet on
us. If the bet does not work out, that's on you, not us. We do our darnedest
to be as safe a bet as possible through careful management of the business; in
vestments in security, infrastructure, and talent; and in general. If you
choose to use our Services, thank you for betting on us.
- If you have a question about any of the Terms of Service, please
contact our Legal team.
- Last updated: June 25, 2021
- The privacy of your data — and it is your data, not ours! — is a big deal to
us. In this policy, we lay out: what data we collect and why; how your data is
handled; and your rights to your data. We promise we never sell your data:
never have, never will.
- This policy applies to all products built and maintained by Aurelia Finance OÜ
including all Aurelia API (Application Programming Interface), and the Aurelia
client (all versions).
What we collect and why
- Our guiding principle is to collect only what we need. Here’s what that means
- Personal data consists of information that identifies or identifies individual
persons such as name, postal address, email address or telephone number, etc.
- Based on the minimization principle, the data that we will be able to process
will be adequate, relevant and limited to those necessary depending on the
purposes for which they are processed, and always respecting the will of the
Client. Thus, in Aurelia we will treat your personal data in order to maintain
the commercial relationship, for example, to invoice the service.
- To do this, when you are a Aurelia Client, we will process your bank details
for direct debit payments, as well as your contact details, as well as your
contacts, that are necessary to contact you, with the sole purpose of
maintaining commercial relations of any kind.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, it is informed that the provision of the
Services may involve the processing of other categories of data not included
in the preceding paragraph, in which case, the Client will be informed in the
specific privacy conditions for each of the affected services , and obtained
your consent, if necessary, in accordance with applicable regulations.
Identity & access
- When you sign up for a Aurelia product, we typically ask for identifying
information such as your name, email address, and maybe a company name. That’s
just so you can personalize your new account, and we can send you invoices,
updates, or other essential information. We also need to have for regulation
purposes. We sometimes also give you the option to add a profile picture that
displays in our products, but we do not normally look at or access that
picture. We’ll never sell your personal info to third parties, and we won’t
use your name or company in marketing statements without your permission
- When you pay for an Aurelia product, we ask for your credit card and billing
address. That’s so we can charge you for service, calculate taxes due, and
send you invoices. We store a record of the payment transaction, including the
last 4 digits of the credit card number and as-of billing address, for account
history, invoicing, and billing support. We store your billing address to
calculate any VAT due in the EU, to detect fraudulent credit card
transactions, and to print on your invoices.
- We log all access to all accounts by full IP address so that we can always
verify no unauthorized access has happened. We keep this login data for as
long as your product account is active.
- We also log full IP addresses used to sign up a product account. We keep this
record forever because they are used to mitigate spammy signups.
- Web analytics data — described further in the Website Interactions section —
are also tied temporarily to IP addresses to assist with troubleshooting
cases. We blind all web analytics data after 30 days.
- When you browse our marketing pages or applications, your browser
automatically shares certain information such as which operating system and
browser version you are using. We track that information, along with the pages
you are visiting, page load timing, and which website referred you for
statistical purposes like conversion rates and to test new designs. We
sometimes track specific link clicks to help inform some design decisions.
These web analytics data are tied to your IP address and user account if
applicable and you are signed into our Services. We blind all of these
individual identifiers after 30 days.
Cookies and Do Not Track
- We do use persistent first-party cookies to store certain preferences, make it
easier for you to use our applications, and support some in-house analytics. A
cookie is a piece of text stored by your browser to help it remember your
login information, site preferences, and more. You can adjust cookie retention
settings in your own browser. To learn more about cookies, including how to
view which cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, please
- At this time, our sites and applications do not respond to Do Not Track
beacons sent by browser plugins.
- When you write Aurelia with a question or to ask for help, we keep that
correspondence, including the email address, so that we have a history of past
correspondences to reference if you reach out in the future.
- We also store any information you volunteer like surveys. Sometimes when we do
customer interviews, we may ask for your permission to record the conversation
for future reference or use. We only do so if you give your express consent.
Information we do not collect
- We don’t collect any characteristics of protected classifications including
age, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, or physical and mental abilities or disabilities. You may provide
these data voluntarily, such as if you include a pronoun preference in your
email signature when writing into our Support team.
- We also do not collect any biometric data. You are given the option to add a
picture to your user profile, which could be a real picture of you or a
picture of something else that represents you best. We do not extract any
information from profile pictures: they are for your use alone.
When we access or share your information
- Our default practice is to not access your information. The only times we’ll
ever access or share your info are:
- To provide products or services you've requested. We do use some third-party
services to run our applications and only to the extent necessary process some
or all of your personal information via these third parties. You can view the
list of third-party services we use in each product: Having subprocessors
means we are using technology to access your data. No Aurelia human looks at
your data for these purposes unless an error occurs that stops an automated
process from working and requires manual intervention to fix. These are rare
cases and when they happen, we look for root cause solutions as much as
possible to avoid them from reoccurring. You can find out the specific
subprocessors in our Terms of Service.
- To help you troubleshoot or squash a software bug, with your permission. If at
any point we need to access your account to help you with a Support case, we
will ask for your consent before proceeding.
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding restricted uses. Accessing a
customer’s account when investigating potential abuse is a measure of last
resort. We have an obligation to protect the privacy and safety of both our
customers and the people reporting issues to us. We do our best to balance
those responsibilities throughout the process. If we do discover you are using
our products for a restricted purpose, we will report the incident to the
- When required under applicable law.
- Aurelia Finance OÜ is a Estonian company and all data infrastructure are
located in the EU and UK.
- If EE law enforcement authorities have the necessary warrant, criminal
subpoena, or court order requiring we share data, we have to comply.
Otherwise, we flat-out reject requests from law enforcement when they seek
data. And unless we’re legally prevented from it, we’ll always inform you
when such requests are made. In the event a government authority outside the
UK or EU approaches Aurelia with a request, our default stance is to refuse
unless the UK or EU government compels us to comply through procedures
outlined in a mutual legal assistance treaty or agreement.
- Similarly, if Aurelia receives a request to preserve data, we refuse unless
compelled by law. In both of these situations, we have to comply. In these
situations, we notify affected customers as soon as possible unless we are
legally prohibited from doing so. We do not share preserved data unless
absolutely required or compelled by a court order that we choose not to
appeal. Furthermore, unless we receive a proper warrant, court order, or
subpoena before the required preservation period expires, we destroy any
preserved copies we made of customer data once the preservation period
- If we get an informal request from any person, organization, or entity, we
do not assist.
- If we are audited by a tax authority, we may be required to share
billing-related information. If that happens, we only share the bare minimum
needed such as billing addresses and tax exemption information.
- Finally, if Aurelia Finance OÜ is acquired by or merged with another company
we’ll notify you well before any info about you is transferred and becomes
Your rights with respect to your information
- At Aurelia, we apply the same data rights to all customers, regardless of
their location. Aurelia recognizes all of the rights granted in GDPR
regulations, except as limited by applicable law. These rights include:
- Right to Know. You have the right to know what personal information is
collected, used, shared or sold. We outline both the categories and specific
bits of data we collect, as well as how they are used, in this privacy
- Right of Access. This includes your right to access the personal information
we gather about you, and your right to obtain information about the sharing,
storage, security and processing of that information.
- Right to Correction. You have the right to request correction of your
- Right to Erasure / “To be Forgotten”. This is your right to request, subject
to certain limitations under applicable law, that your personal information
be erased from our possession and, by extension, all of our service
providers. Fulfillment of some data deletion requests may prevent you from
using Aurelia services because our applications may then no longer work. In
such cases, a data deletion request may result in closing your account.
- Right to Complain. You have the right to make a complaint regarding our
handling of your personal information with the appropriate supervisory
authority. To identify your specific authority or find out more about this
right, EU individuals should go
- Right to Restrict Processing. This is your right to request restriction of
how and why your personal information is used or processed, including opting
out of sale of personal information. (Again: we never have and never will
sell your personal data.)
- Right to Object. You have the right, in certain situations, to object to how
or why your personal information is processed.
- Right to Portability. You have the right to receive the personal information
we have about you and the right to transmit it to another party.
- Right to not be subject to Automated Decision-Making. You have the right to
object and prevent any decision that could have a legal, or similarly
significant, effect on you from being made solely based on automated
processes. This right is limited, however, if the decision is necessary for
performance of any contract between you and us, is allowed by applicable
law, or is based on your explicit consent.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. We do not and will not charge you a different
amount to use our products, offer you different discounts, or give you a
lower level of customer service because you have exercised your data privacy
rights. However, the exercise of certain rights (such as the right “to be
forgotten”) may, by virtue of your exercising those rights, prevent you from
using our Services.
- Many of these rights can be exercised by signing in and directly updating your
- If you have questions about exercising these rights or need assistance, please
contact us at [email protected]. For requests
to delete personal information or know what personal information has been
collected, we will first verify your identity using a combination of at least
two pieces of information already collected including your user email address.
If an authorized agent is corresponding on your behalf, we will first need
written consent with a signature from the account holder before proceeding.
- If you are in the EU, you can identify your specific authority to file a
complaint or find out more about GDPR,
How we secure your data
- All data is encrypted
via SSL/TLS when
transmitted from our servers to your browser. The database backups are also
What happens when you delete data in your product accounts
- In many of our applications, we give you the option to trash data. Anything
you trash on your product accounts while they are active will be kept in an
accessible trash can for up to 30 days (it varies a little, and might happen
instantly). After that, the trashed data are no longer accessible via the
application and are deleted from our active servers within the next 30 days.
We also have some backups of our application databases, which are kept for up
to another 30 days. In total, when you trash things in our applications, they
are purged within 90 days from all of our systems and logs. Retrieving data
for a single account from a backup is cost-prohibitive and unduly burdensome
so if you change your mind you’ll need to do so before your data are deleted
from our active servers.
- We also delete your data after an account is cancelled. In this case, there is
no period of data being kept in accessible trash can so your data are purged
within 60 days.
Location of site and data
- Our products and other web properties are operated in the European Union and
We commit to resolving all complaints
- We commit to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use
of your personal information. European Union, United Kingdom, or Swiss
first contact Jasper August Tootsi at Aurelia
at [email protected].
Changes & questions
- We may update this policy as needed to comply with relevant regulations and
reflect any new practices. Whenever we make a significant change to our
policies, we will also announce them on our company blog.
data, or your rights with respect to your information? Please get in touch by
emailing us at [email protected] and we’ll be
happy to answer them!